Monday, June 1, 2015

Shrine Hopping (Part 4)

Part 4: Suwa Shrine

For the final part of my shrine hopping adventure, I went to Suwa Shrine near Tachikawa South Exit. From Kumano Shrine, I went back to the hotel to change my shoes (my feet were killing me) and walked about 20 minutes from the hotel to the shrine.


It was a big place, a lot bigger than the previous shrines I've been to for the last 2 days. There were multiple torii (entryways) from different points of the shrine. From the torii, there is still a bit of a walk leading to the first main gate, and then finally the grounds.





It was not a holiday when I visited, so there was not much people. There was a student sketching, and a couple of people praying at the main shrine. I even saw an actual shrine maiden.


I finished touring the grounds just before they were closing. So, I took some final pics of the stuff around the shrine and finally walked back to the hotel for dinner and rest.







So, that's the end of my 2-day shrine hopping adventure. Sorry, it took me so long tot write it. Anyway, if you ever come to Tachikawa, Japan, don't forget to visit these shrines yourself. Maps are available at the JR Line Tachikawa Station - and it's available in different languages. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment