As the sun set and people went home to rest, we were just starting with our extreme bucketlist. We went to Crown Regency Hotel to try Sky Experience Adventure, a thrilling amusement park at the top of the hotel.
There were various activities you can try for a few hundred pesos. There are also combo packages with hotel entrance included (take note: hotel entrance is at least Php200.00 per person). Each ride costs at least Php 500.00 separately.
We opted to have the 3 ride combo (Php 1000.00) to save money. We decided to skip the more strenuous activities as we must save energy for the next day’s water adventures.
1) Skywalk – we were harnessed (in matching orange jumpsuits) on a rail outside the hotel, 38 floors high. We walked the whole perimeter of the building on metal and glass platforms, with various stops for photo ops.
3) Zip Line (and Sky Lift) – this was the one I’ve been waiting for the whole day. We were harnessed on a line at least 40 floors high (again in matching orange jumpsuits). One by one, with lots of jokes and laughter, we went zooming from the hotel tower to an extension tower a few meters away. So far, it was the best 8 seconds of my life. To return, we transferred to a lower deck where there were swing-like chair lifts. We took turns going back to the main tower. I was the first to try the zip line, and I was the last to take the sky lift giving me chance to watch the fireworks from the other part of Cebu.
- Wear socks and shoes. If you don’t have one, you can buy socks at each activity counter. They also rent shoes for free.
- Don’t bring too much stuff. You can bring cameras, but they will require you to store all your stuff in a locker (with refundable deposit).
- Don’t worry about lost photo ops (since your cameras are in storage). There are photo ops for each activity which you can buy afterwards. You can buy a minimum of 7 pictures or you can hold on and finish all your activities and purchase the All-in combo for only Php1000.00. They will give you a USB with all the pictures from all your activities regardless the amount of photos.
- Kids are allowed, but certain activities have height and weight limit for safety reasons. There’s measuring tape and weighing scales available so you can check if you’re ok to go.
- Make friends (esp. on the Skywalk) and have fun!